Credit: Grant Blankenship / GPB News
Political Rewind: How quickly will we know results?; Targeting Black voters; 2nd District race
Chuck Williams, @chuckwilliams, reporter, WRBL-TV Columbus
Donna Lowry, @donnalowrynews, host, GPB-TV’s Lawmakers
Leroy Chapman, @AJCLeroyChapman, managing editor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Riley Bunch, @ribunchreports, GPB News public policy reporter
1. Longest lines in Georgia run about a few minutes long on election day.
- Deputy Secretary of State Gabe Sterling says the longest wait is about 13 minutes.
- Sterling visited with Political Rewind on Friday, during which he talked about when he expects to get election results completed.
- In Fulton County, a mother-daughter duo were fired as poll workers after questionable social media practices.
2. Black voters and young voters are key demographics for candidates across the state.
- Black voters make up 29.2% of the electorate according to Georgiavotes.com.
- Meanwhile, younger voters continued to underperform.
3. The 2nd Congressional District remains in play on Election Day.
- Longtime incumbent Rep. Sanford Bishop (D) faces challenger Chris West (R).
Wednesday on Political Rewind: We will have live 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. broadcasts to give you a recap on the results. You can keep up with the latest election news on our blog here.