Political Rewind: Walker and Warnock will debate; Sen. Graham stuns GOP with federal abortion ban
Greg Bluestein, @bluestein, political reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Maya King, @mayaaking, politics reporter, The New York Times
Rick Dent, vice president, Matrix Communications
1. The debate over debating is over: Herschel Walker and Sen. Raphael Warnock have confirmed they will debate together.
- The two Black men vying for Georgia's Senate seat will face off in Savannah on Oct. 14.
- This will be the first time Walker debates an opponent since announcing his candidacy.
- The move comes as Democrats have turned abortion into a rallying cry following the Supreme Court decision in June to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Since it was overturned, Republicans have said this issue should be left to the states.
- Graham himself said the issue should be left to the states in June.
- Herschel Walker said in an interview with Politico he supportsLindsey Graham's bill.
3. Staggering amount of money goes into political ads this midterm cycle.
- WSB-TV, in Atlanta, added a 3 p.m. newscast through the midterms elections to make more room for TV spots.
- In Macon, WMAZ has expanded its 5 o'clock hour.
Thursday on Political Rewind: Stacey Abrams' campaign manager Lauren Groh-Wargo joins the show. Please reach out to us with your questions for her at @PoliticsGPB and on our voicemail line at 404-494-0421.
Next week, a member from Gov. Brian Kemp's campaign is slated to join the show.