Credit: AP file photos
Political Rewind: Fulton grand jury subpoenas Giuliani in Trump probe; Book on Hank Aaron's legacy
Tamar Hallerman, @TamarHallerman, Senior reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Terence Moore, @TMooreSports, National Sports Columnist, Forbes.com
- The probe, directed by the Fulton County district attorney, is investigating former President Donald Trump’s failed efforts to reverse his narrow defeat in Georgia.
- Several of Trump's allies, including his former attorney Rudy Giuliani, were subpoenaed.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution's Tamar Hallerman broke the story.
2. Sports journalist Terence Moore discuss the life and legacy of Hank Aaron.
- Moore's new book is titled The Real Hank Aaron: An Intimate Look at the Life and Legacy of the Home Run King.
- Moore has been a sports writer for more than four decades.
- Moore says he saw parallels between Aaron, who broke barriers in baseball, and his own career as one of the few Black sports columnist in the South.
3. How will Hank Aaron's legacy be taught under the new laws prohibiting the teaching of divisive concepts?
- July 1 was the launch date for several high-profile new laws passed last session.
- One includes banning divisive topics, which is expected to make teaching America’s racial history trickier to navigate.
- Aaron experienced much racial hatred during his time as a baseball player since his Major League Baseball debut in 1954.
- He received many death threats, so much so that The Atlanta Journal pre-wrote an obituary, just in case.
Please sign up for the latest edition of our newsletter coming out today.