Political Rewind: Early voting underway; Primary debates; Fulton DA to sit grand jury
Dr. Alan Abramowitz — Emeritus professor of political science, Emory University
Dr. Andra Gillespie — Professor of political science & director, James Weldon Johnson Institute for the Study of Race and Difference, Emory University
Dr. Kurt Young — Department head and professor of political science, Clark-Atlanta University
Patricia Murphy — political reporter and columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Last Monday, April 25, was the last day to register to vote.
- You can check your registration status on the My Voter Page.
- You can also look at a list of all the candidates who qualified to be on the ballot, as well as review a blank copy of your ballot.
2. Mix of candidates cools down the final governor's debate.
- Incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp defended his conservative record on Sunday.
- Five Republican candidates for governor shared the stage for the first time this election cycle.
- Donald Trump has endorsed former Sen. David Perdue and will hold a remote rally for his tonight.
- Trump has disparaged Kemp after he certified the 2020 election results.
- For the first time in the debate cycle, the candidates were not asked about the results of the 2020 election.
- Read more from GPB News' Stephen Fowler about the race.
3. A push away from bipartisanship is apparent in congressional debates.
- In the 10th District, Vernon Jones said he would impeach President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Several other issues in that debate included abortion, term limits and inflation.
- Mike Collins in his closing statement said, "the time for bipartisanship was over."
4. Fulton County District Attorney's office to begin jury selection for Trump probe.
- The jury will look into former President Donald Trump and his allies and their alleged attempts to reverse Georgia’s 2020 election results.
- Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis will seat 23 county residents
Tuesday on Political Rewind: GPB New's Stephen Fowler joins the panel.