Black Widow Movie And J.J. Abrams, Jordan Peele Series Among What’s Filming In Georgia
It’s where The Walking Dead roam the earth. It’s Black Panther’s home away from Wakanda, and it’s the only spot where Donald Glover’s Atlanta rightfully could be made. It’s Y’allywood!
It’s hard to keep track of the TV shows and movies filming in Georgia, so The Credits podcast host Kalena Boller occasionally stops by On Second Thought with an update. She’s moderating a podcasting panel at the Macon Film Festival Aug. 17. It’s called "Making Room at the Table: Women in Georgia’s Film Industry."
TV Shows and Movies Mentioned in This Interview
- Black Widow: Scarlett Johansson’s popular character is set to go solo in 2020 after years with the Avengers.
- Black Lightning: The CW series is back for third season, and its star, Nafessa Williams, takes her role as a trailblazer seriously. She plays an African American, gay, female superhero named Thunder.
- Lovecraft Country: This series, with a list of heavy hitters behind it such as J.J. Abrams and Jordan Peele, solidifies HBO’s place in Georgia after the network announced it’s moving jobs and some of its operations to the state.
- Coming to America 2: Eddie Murphy is angling for a comeback with this sequel, which is filming in Georgia, along with a possible Netflix standup deal.
- The Walking Dead: The popular horror series is coming back for a 10th season, and Kalena has inside knowledge of what it’s like on the set.
A list of other TV shows and movies filming in the Peach State is here.
Get in touch with us.