Political Rewind: Former President Trump set to appear in federal court
Andra Gillespie, professor of political science and director, James Weldon Johnson Institute for the Study of Race and Difference, @AndraGillespie
Audrey Haynes, professor of political science, University of Georgia
Charles Bullock, professor of political science, UGA
Fred Smith, professor of law, Emory University, @fredosmithjr
1. Trump is set to appear in court after being indicted over classified documents.
- Former President Donald Trump is in Florida, preparing to surrender to federal authorities and appear in court at 3 p.m.
- Trump faces 37 federal charges, including unlawfully retaining government secrets and conspiring to obstruct justice.
2. How will these charges affect Trump's presidential campaign?
- A new ABC News/Ipsos poll shows that many surveyed think the Trump indictment is warranted.
- Some voters say they also believe it is politically motivated.
- Top Democrats, Including President Biden, are not currently attacking Trump.
Wednesday on Political Rewind: The AJC's Greg Bluestein joins the panel.