Political Rewind: How could AI affect the upcoming 2024 election cycle?
Paul Root Wolpe, Director Center for Ethics, Emory University
1. How could AI be used to derail campaigns in 2024?
- Professor Paul Root Wolpe says Artificial Intellegence could lead to the average voter.
- He adds devious campaigns could use deep fakes.
- Wolpe says a rise in deep fakes, may lead to extended trust in legacy news outlets.
2. What are big concerns everyday people have about ChatGPT?
- Wolpe says he fields questions about terrorism, and scams on a daily.
- On Monday, a fake image of an explosion near the Pentagon went viral on Twitter. It was apparently created using AI.
- He also adds that the software itself can be racially biased.
3. How will AI affect the job market?
- Wolpe says unlike the industrial revolution, AI can affect white collar jobs as well.
Friday on Political Rewind: East Point Mayor Deana Holiday Ingraham joins the panel.