Political Rewind: Reactions to President Biden's 2024 run; MTG punished after House decorum breach
Andra Gillespie, @AndraGillespie, professor of political science, Emory University
Charles Bullock, professor of political science, University of Georgia
Greg Bluestein, @bluestein, political reporter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Democratic leaders around the nation have supported Biden, assuming he could beat a candidate Donald Trump again, but voters are showing they don't want a reprise of the 2020 election.
- Georgia narrowly picked Biden in 2020. With the fallout of Trump's alleged interference in the state, Biden may focus heavily on Southern states, including Georgia, to win again.
- During a hearing with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene called him a "liar" after Mayorkas asserted he was working to end the movement of fentanyl to the U.S.
- Committee Chair Mark Green (R-Tenn.) approved Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.)'s move to 'take down' Greene's remarks, no longer recognizing her on the committee.
- Earlier in the same hearing, Greene accused Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) of having an affair "with a Chinese spy."
GPB is in its spring fund drive. Please consider pledging your support.