Political Rewind: Biden challenged by immigration; Trial underway in Dominion/Fox News lawsuit
Chuck Kuck, immigration attorney, @ckuck
Tamar Hallerman, senior reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, @TamarHallerman
- GOP members of the House dropped a 137-page bill seeking to tighten restrictions.
- The bill is unlikely to pass in the Senate where Democrats have control.
- The Trump-era policy gives border agents the power to turn away migrants without legal process.
- It's set to end on May 11 when the administration allows the public health emergency for Covid 19 — that is the basis for Title 42 — expires.
- In reality Biden has few choices for comprehensive immigration control as he prepares to launch his campaign for reelection.
3. Trial underway in Dominion Voting System's $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News.
- Dominion Voting Systems sued Fox News over the lies the conservative cable network had broadcast in 2020 about the election tech company.
- The trial begins today in Delaware.
GPB is in the middle of its Spring Fund Drive. Please consider pledging your support.