Political Rewind: Kemp says he won't take more action on gun control and cautions against Trump
Alan Abramowitz, professor emeritus of political science, Emory University, @AlanIAbramowitz
Chauncey Alcorn, reporter, Capital B, @CLamontLives
King Williams, documentary filmmaker and journalist, @IamKingWilliams
Patricia Murphy, political reporter and columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, @MurphyAJC
- The attack happened at the Mahogany Masterpiece dance studio just after 10:30 p.m. local time as people gathered for a Sweet 16 celebration.
- As of Sunday evening, the police hadn't identified a motive or suspect.
- Kemp commented on the incident on CNN over the weekend but did not signal that he would further gun control.
2. In the same interview with CNN, Kemp urged Republicans to move on from President Trump in 2024.
- The governor’s remarks came a day after he’d told donors at a Republican National Committee retreat in Nashville that the GOP needed to move on from the 2020 presidential election.
- Recent polling from the AJC shows Trump is the top candidate in 2024 among Georgia Republicans.
3. Urban League releases State of Black America report.
- The Urban League has released the national report for almost 50 years.
- The report list economic issues as a top concern for Black families.
- The report also cautioned against right-wing extremist groups.
Tuesday on Political Rewind: The AJC's Tamar Hallerman joins us.