Credit: AP Photo/Chris O'Meara
Political Rewind: Our neighbors to the south: We talk Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida politics
Daniel Rivero, investigative reporter and co-host of The Florida Roundup, WLRN, @TooMuchMe
Jim Galloway, retired columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, @JimJournalist
Tia Mitchell, Washington correspondent, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, @ajconwashington
Tim Craig, national correspondent based in Florida, The Washington Post, @timcraigpost
- Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law a bill approved by the Republican-dominated Florida Legislature.
- Georgia already has a six-week abortion ban.
Pro-Trump SuperPAC launches ads against DeSantis, who has not announced an official run yet for 2024.
Questions about DeSantis' readiness for the national stage come after his controversial comments on Ukraine.
3. In what ways are Georgia and Florida similar?
- Both states have similar laws regarding abortion and teaching so-called "divisive" concepts in schools.
- But in recent years, Georgia has grown more purple than red.
Monday on Political Rewind: We welcome documentarian King Williams and the AJC's Patricia Murphy to the panel.