Credit: Twitter: @SonnyPerdue
Political Rewind: Sonny Perdue denounces budget cuts; Majorie Taylor Greene debuts on '60 Minutes'
Edward Lindsey, @edlindsey14,former Republican state representative
Kendra King Momon, professor of political science at Oglethorpe University
Rep. Mary Margaret Oliver, @mmo_mary, (D) Decatur
Patricia Murphy, @MurphyAJC, political reporter and columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1. As the dust settles, Georgians are still looking at what passed this legislative session.
- The AJC's Patricia Murphy says during Sine Die, 20 bills were taken up in the last two hours.
- Rep. Mary Margaret Oliver talked about failing to expand on mental health reform.
- In an interview with Orlando Montoya, the chancellor of the University System of Georgia said the additional state budget decrease of $66 million will hurt USG institutions, especially smaller ones.
- The cuts will hit each of the system’s 26 public colleges and universities differently, ranging from a nearly $12 million cut for the University of Georgia to a $200,000 cut for Atlanta Metropolitan State College.
- During a 14-minute interview, the 14th District Republican defended President Donald Trump, even ahead of his arraignment this week.
- She falsely asserted Democrats were pedophiles.
- Before the interview, the hashtag #Boycott60minutes trended.
Tuesday on Political Rewind: The AJC's Tamar Hallerman joins the panel.