Political Rewind: Kemp announces solar panel deal; Abrams' future; Biden's classified documents
Andra Gillespie, @AndraGillespie, professor of political science and director, James Weldon Johnson Institute for the Study of Race and Difference, Emory University
Charles Bullock, professor of political science, University of Georgia
Chris Grant, professor of political science, Mercer University
Greg Bluestein, @bluestein, political reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Kemp announced the deal with manufacturing company Qcells.
- Qcells will build a new facility in Cartersville and add a third facility to its Dalton location, creating more than 2,500 new jobs in Northwest Georgia.
2. Kemp outlines his agenda for his second term.
- He made the key remarks at the Georgia Chamber’s annual Eggs & Issues breakfast.
- Kemp focused in on economic development and workforce housing.
- He will be inaugurated as governor for the second time tomorrow.
3. Stacey Abrams says she's open to running again after November's defeat.
- Abrams made the comments on the The Drew Barrymore Show.
- She lost her second bid for governor of Georgia in November by a margin of 8 points.
- Classified documents from President Joe Biden's term as Vice President were discovered at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement last fall, according to Biden's personal attorneys.
- These documents were discovered a week before the midterm election, and the news was just revealed.
- Many are drawing parallels between the FBI seizing documents at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate.
Thursday on Political Rewind: You get a double dose of Political Rewind with an abbreviated episode at 9 a.m. as GPB prepares to give you live coverage of Kemp's inauguration. Then we're back for a live show at 2 p.m. to analyze Kemp's speech.