Political Rewind: Ending runoffs; Abrams open to run again; Texts between Meadows and GOP revealed
Andra Gillespie, @AndraGillespie, political science professor and director, James Weldon Johnson Institute for Race and Difference, Emory University
Kevin Riley, @ajceditor, editor-in-chief, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Stephen Fowler, @stphnfwlr, political reporter, GPB News
- The legislature would have to approve this change next year.
- Many have pointed out the racist history of the runoff elections.
2. Stacey Abrams says she's open to running again in future elections.
- Abrams made the comments on Good Morning America.
- She also talked about Black voter turnout.
- The text exchanges were part of a remarkable cache of 2,319 messages that Meadows turned over to the U.S. House committee investigating the Januarty 6th attacks on the capitol.
- State Sen. Marty Harbin, R-Tyrone, sent Meadows a series of texts some included theories that Italy's government manipulated the results.
Please consider donating to GPB during our last day of our December fund drive. You can click here to help.