Political Rewind: CEO of the Carter Center reflects; Saturday voting case goes to Ga. Supreme Court
Greg Bluestein, @bluestein, political reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Paige Alexander, @P_AlexanderCEO, CEO, The Carter Center
1. Paige Alexander, the CEO of The Carter Center, spoke about ensuring election integrity in Georgia and the U.S.
- The Carter Center celebrated a 40-year legacy of ensuring democracy and humanitarian aide around the world.
- This year, the center launched the Georgia Democracy Resilience Network.
- On Sept. 13, the Carter Center, the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation and 50 other organizations launched the Candidate Principles for Trusted Elections.
2. Saturday voting case heads to the Georgia Supreme Court.
- After an appeal by the state was denied, state elections officials said this week that they won’t fight an the ruling that will allow Saturday voting.
- But several GOP organizations are bringing the Saturday voting challenge to the state's Supreme Court.
Political Rewind will take Thursday and Friday off in recognition of the Thanksgiving holiday. We'll be back Monday with a live show. In the meantime, review this week's episodes here.