Credit: Grant Blankenship / GPB News and Butch Dill / AP File Photo
Political Rewind: Saturday voting OK'd; Kemp and Walker campaign together; Trump back on Twitter
Alan Abramowitz, @AlanIAbramowitz, professor emeritus, Emory University
Andra Gillespie, @AndraGillespie, professor of political science and director, James Weldon Johnson Institute for the Study of Race and Difference
Shannon McCaffrey, @shannonajc1, political reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- A judge on Friday said Georgia law allows counties to offer early voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 26.
- This upcoming Saturday is he only possibility for Saturday voting before next month’s Senate runoff election between Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker.
- The UGA titan campaigned with Kemp in Smyrna at Adventure Outdoors.
- It was the pair's first time campaigning together this cycle.
- Trump's Twitter account has been reinstated under the social media company's owner, billionaire Elon Musk.
- Trump was banned from Twitter and various other social media accounts after his actions during the Janaury 6th insurrection.
- Last week, the former president endorsed Walker while announcing his 2024 run for president.
4. A deeper look into midterm voting numbers.
- This midterm election cycle appeared to be on track to see record turnout, but fell short of 2018's historic numbers.
Tuesday on Political Rewind: The AJC's Tamar Hallerman joins the panel.