Credit: AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File
Political Rewind: Lindsey Graham must testify; Record early voting; Celebrities campaign in Georgia
Bernard Fraga, @blfraga, professor of political science, Emory University
Shannon McCaffrey, reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Jim Galloway, @JimJournalist, former political columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1. Atlanta's federal appeals court says Sen. Lindsey Graham must testify to the Fulton County special grand jury.
- The decision comes from a judge appointed by former President Clinton and two appointed by former President Trump.
- Graham has indicated that he will appeal the decision, either to the entire 11th Circuit of Appeals or to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Fulton County prosecutors sought Graham's testimony regarding a phone call Donald Trump made to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in an attempt to find votes in the 2020 election.
2. Georgians are turning out in record numbers to vote early.
- Voters have already surpassed the pace set in the 2018 midterms.
- According to georgiavotes.com, the majority of early voters are white, over 65, and women.
- You can find polling places for early voting near you at My Voter Page through the Georgia Secretary of State's website.
3. Candidates across the aisle receive celebrity endorsements.
- The Walker campaign ran an ad with an endorsement from his former coach, UGA's Vince Dooley.
- Hamilton playwright Lin-Manuel Miranda campaigned for Raphael Warnock in an effort to reach Hispanic voters.
4. After flashing an honorary police badge during a debate, the Walker campaign is issuing plastic badges as a memento.
- Walker has made dubious claims about his work with law enforcement.
- His critics note his history with law enforcement, including threats to shoot at police officers.
Friday is the last day of our Fall Fund Drive. You can donate by calling 800-222-4788, or clicking here.