Credit: (Chip Somodevilla/Pool Photo via AP)
Political Rewind: Queen Elizabeth's funeral; Forsyth GOP cancels protest; Walker lowers expectations
Adrienne Jones, @adriennemjns, political science professor and director, pre-law, Morehouse College
Alan Abramowitz, @AlanIAbramowitz, professor emeritus of political science, Emory University
Chauncey Alcorn, @CLamontLives, reporter, Capital B
Patricia Murphy, @MurphyAJC, political reporter and columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Thefuneral services took place at Westminster Abbey in London.
- The 96-year-old monarch died earlier this month after ruling for 70 years.
- Her son, King Charles III, begins his reign as Britain's new monarch.
2. Forsyth GOP cancels anti-Stacey Abrams protest.
- The Republicans in the county incited controversy for calling Abrams an outsider as she sought to campaign in the area over the weekend.
- For some, the move reminded them of the county's racist past.
3. Herschel Walker tempers expectations ahead of the October debate.
- The Republican candidate for senator has agreed to debate incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock.
- The Savannah showdown is the first time Walker will debate since announcing his candidacy.
- In comments late last week Walker said he'd "do his best" ahead of taking on Warnock.
Tuesday on Political Rewind: The AJC's Tamar Hallerman joins us.