Political Rewind: Possible actual debate for Walker and Warnock; Coffee County saga; Pelosi's visit
Amy Steigerwalt, @DrSteigerwalt, professor of political science, Georgia State University
Greg Bluestein,@bluestein, political reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Kurt Young, @kurtbyoung, professor of political science, Clark Atlanta University
1. Sen. Raphael Warnock and Herschel Walker are closer to getting on the debate stage together.
- Warnock's campaign has agreed to three debates, including one at GPB-TV.
- Walker's campaign is trying to get Warnock to appear at a separate debate in Savannah.
2. Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan says he will not endorse the Republican nominee for lieutenant governor Burt Jones.
- Duncan says Jones' campaign has not asked him for an endorsement.
- But Duncan says he will not offer one because Jones is an election denier.
3. Video fills in details on alleged Coffee County system breach.
- Records show that a team of computer experts traveled to the rural South Georgia county to copy software and data from elections equipment in the months after the presidential election.
- New video shows they were met outside by the head of the local Republican Party, who was involved in efforts by then-President Donald Trump to overturn his election loss.
4. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visits Atlanta ahead of midterms.
- U.S. Rep. Nikema Williams and Pelosi held a roundtable conversation with leaders from Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn neighborhood last week.
Thursday on Political Rewind: Kevin Riley, editor for the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, joins our panel.