Credit: Djenno Bacvic, Random House Publishing
WATCH LIVE | GPB Sports' Flag Football - Semifinals, Games 1-6: Next It's St. Pius X vs. Lithia Springs At 12:30 P.M.
Political Rewind: Dana Milbank's book 'The Destructionists' shows Newt Gingrich's influence on GOP
Dana Milbank, @Milbank, columnist, The Washington Post
Tamar Hallerman, @TamarHallerman, senior reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1. Dana Milbank chronicles Newt Gingrich's career in his new book.
- The former Georgia representative came into Congress in 1979.
- He later became the Speaker of the House from 1995 to 1999.
- He represented the 6th Congressional District in Georgia.
- Gingrich recently made headlines when the House panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection called him for questioning.
- In his new book, Milbank talks about howNewt Gingrich steered the Republican Party to what it is today.
2. Third party to review the materials seized by the FBI during its search at Mar-a-Lago
- A federal judge in Florida granted Trump's team the stay.
- The ruling temporarily prevents the Justice Department's investigative team from accessing the thousands of documents.
- The case will likely go through the 11th District Court of Appeals in Atlanta.
Wednesday on Political Rewind: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Greg Bluestein joins the panel.