Credit: Stephen Fowler
Political Rewind: Judge delays Kemp’s testimony; Low birth rates in rural GA; Engaging Black voters
Charlie Hayslett, @charliehayslett, author, Trouble in God’s Country
Chauncey Alcorn, reporter, Capital B Atlanta
Riley Bunch, public policy reporter, GPB News
Tamar Hallerman, senior reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1. Gov. Brian Kemp will testify in Fulton County probe.
- The incumbent governor must testify before a special grand jury that’s investigating possible illegal attempts by then-President Donald Trump and others to influence the 2020 election.
- Kemp's lawyer's argued that he was immune to testify because of his duties as governor.
- He will now appear in court before November.
2. Lower birthrates are seen in 123 of Georgia's 159 counties.
- Charlie Hayslett says this is up from 118 counties in 2020.
- Chauncey Alcorn says this isn't a phenomenon linked to Georgia, but something we're seeing statewide.
3. Engaging Black voters in 2022 midterms
- Chauncey Alcorn says Black voters want to see more movement on political agendas in the areas of criminal justice reform and economic relief.
Wednesday on Political Rewind: Greg Bluestein joins the panel.