Credit: AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File
Political Rewind: Giuliani scheduled to testify; Liz Cheney loses seat; Senate race tops $207M
Charles Bullock, professor of political science, University of Georgia
Greg Bluestein, @bluestein, political reporter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Rick Dent, vice president, Matrix Communications
Tanya Washington, @AskProfW, professor of law, Georgia State University
1. Rudy Giuliani is scheduled to testify in Fulton probe.
- Giuliani is a target of a criminal investigation into election interference in Georgia.
- Giuliani,was a personal lawyer for former President Donald Trump, helped try to reverse 2020's election results.
2. U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney loses her seat in Wyoming.
- Cheney sits on the House Judicary committee and has been a lead figure in the January 6th investigations, making her a frequent target of former President Trump.
- She lost her bid for reelection Tuesday night.
- There is speculation that Cheney could run for president in 2024.
3. Rep. Jody Hice falsely claims evidence was planted at Mar-a-Lago.
- Hice made the false claim on conservative outlet Newsmax.
- Hice and many of Trump's Georgia allies have railed against the FBI search of his Florida home.
4. $270 million has been spent in advertisement airtime in Georgia.
- Per The Jolt, Rick Dent estimates that a whopping $207 million has been spent on the race for U.S. Senate.
- Herschel Walker's campaign has raised around $90 million, shy of Raphael Warnock's $117 million.
- Stacey Abrams has raised $38 million, while Governor Kemp's reelection campaign has spent about $24 million.
Thursday on Political Rewind: Former U.S. Rep. Buddy Darden joins the panel.