Credit: Stephen Fowler / GPB News
Political Rewind: Target letters sent to 16 false electors; Walker campaign revamps
Alan Abramowitz, @AlanIAbramowitz, emeritus professor of political science, Emory University
Greg Bluestein, @bluestein, political reporter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Kendra A. King Momon, political science professor, Oglethorpe University
Rick Dent, vice president, Matrix Communications
1. Fake GOP electors targeted in Fulton County special grand jury probe
- All 16 electors who tried to certify results that former President Trump won the election have all been informed that they could face criminal charges.
- GPB's Stephen Fowler reports 11 of the fake GOP electors, including party chairman David Shafer, filed a motion seeking to halt future testimony.
- Greg Bluestein reports Gov. Brian Kemp will testify in the probe tomorrow.
2. Stacey Abrams clarifies her stance on defunding the police.
- Kemp's campaign has an ad highlighting a CNN interview where Abrams answers the question about defunding the police.
- Rick Dent notes that Abrams' campaign didn't respond quickly, which might harm her image.
3. Herschel Walker's campaign goes through a revamp.
- Leading up to the primary, Walker spent time speaking at various private events and did not debate other GOP nominees.
- Now, Walker has committed to debating incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock and has several scheduled public appearances.
Thursday on Political Rewind: GPB News' Riley Bunch joins the panel.