Credit: AP Photo/Ben Gray
WATCH | A Capitol Fourth 2022 At 8 P.M.
Political Rewind: Runoff elections; Raffensperger to testify to Jan. 6 committee
Adam Van Brimmer, @adamvanbrimmer, Editorial page editor, Savannah Morning News
Adrienne Jones, @adriennemjns, Professor of political science & director of pre-law, Morehouse College
Tamar Hallerman, @TamarHallerman, Senior reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Tia Mitchell, @ajconwashington, Washington reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1. Georgia voters head to the polls to finalize the ballots for November.
- There are several statewide races today. They include Democratic primaries for lieutenant governor, secretary of state, insurance commissioner and labor commissioner.
- Stacey Abrams has endorsed three candidates in these races.
- In the congressional Republican runoffs, former president Donald Trump has thrown his weight behind Vernon Jones in the 10th District and Jake Evans in the 6th District.
- To find your polling place and see a sample ballot, visit the Georgia My Voter page.
- You can watch election results here.
2. Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to testify in front of January 6th committee.
- For the past two weeks, the committee has held hearings with the goal of making a case that former President Trump was responsible for the deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- Gabriel Sterling, chief operating officer at the Georgia secretary of state's office will also testify.
- Wandrea Moss, a Fulton County election worker who became one of the central fixations of 2020 election fraud conspiracies, will also testify.
Tomorrow on Political Rewind:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Greg Bluestein joins our Wednesday panel.