Political Rewind: Mike Pence to rally for Kemp; Reflecting on career of Rep. Mary Margaret Oliver
Jim Galloway – Former columnist, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Mary Margaret Oliver – State Representative (D-Decatur)
1. Former Vice President Mike Pence to visit Georgia to stump for incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp.
- Pence announced a planned May 23 rally for Kemp on eve of the gubernatorial primary election.
- The move marks another split from former President Donald Trump, a supporter of gubernatorial challenger David Perdue.
2. Judge throws out Perdue's election fraud case.
- The judge said evidence in the case amounted to "speculation, conjecture and paranoia."
- Perdue released a statement saying he intends to appeal the decision.
3. A look back at the career of a steward of the Georgia General Assembly.
- Mary Margaret Oliver was first elected to office in 1987 in the state House, then served three terms in the state Senate until 1999 before returning to the House in 2003.
- The Democrat is the only lawmaker to serve in a senior role in crucial committees in both the state House and Senate.
Monday on Political Rewind:
Author and former presidential advisor David Gergen is set to join the show.