Credit: John Bazemore, AP
Political Rewind: Trump throws money into midterms; New bills affecting primaries; Spaceport update
State Rep. Chuck Efstration — (R-Dacula)
Kevin Riley — Editor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
State Sen. Kim Jackson — (D-Stone Mountain)
Margaret Coker — Editor in chief, The Current
1. Donald Trump gives money to a midterm race for the first time.
- Politico reports that the former president's PAC dumped money into the race to unseat GOP Gov. Brian Kemp.
- Trump endorsed challenger former Sen. David Perdue in the GOP primary.
2. New study attempts to weigh an endorsement from Donald Trump.
- UGA’s School of Public and International Affairs releases a polling memo showing Trump's endorsement did not move the needle in the race for governor or U.S. Senate.
- But the endorsement did influence down-ballot races, including the primary for lieutenant governor.
3. How will the legislation from the recent session of the General Assembly affect the May primary?
- State Sen. Kim Jackson said Medicaid was expanded for postpartum moms, but is concerned about the closing of rural hospitals.
4. Plans for Camden County's spaceport continues
- The plan is forging ahead on plans for its spaceport despite last month’s referendum vote.
Friday on Political Rewind:
An interfaith panel as followers of several of the world's largest religions observe Good Friday, Passover and Ramadan.