Looking Ahead To A Busy 2020 For Georgia Politics
2020 is shaping up to be a busy year for Georgia politics.
The economy is doing well, but the state government is making some significant budget cuts.
And next year, every state and federal lawmaker will be on the ballot.
GPB political reporter Stephen Fowler sits down with Morning Edition host Leah Fleming to discuss the upcoming year in politics, including priorities for Georgia’s newest senator and what races could change the political makeup of the state.
Here's a sampling of recent stories that GPB will continue to cover in 2020:
- Secretary Of State's Office Reinstates 22,000 'No-Contact' Voter Registrations to Inactive List
- Judge OKs Purge Of 300,000 Inactive Georgia Voter Registrations
- Georgia Buying More New Voting Machines For Counties Ahead Of 2020 Rollout
- Gov. Kemp Outlines Plan To Lift Up Rural Georgia, Streamline State Budget
- Economic Uncertainty Sets Stage For 2020 State Budget Showdown
- What’s The Deal With Georgia’s Proposed Budget Cuts?