After 14 weeks, the finalists have been determined for the GHSA football playoffs. The games will be contested Friday and Saturday at Georgia State Stadium.
All games will be broadcast live on GPB.
Here are a few facts and details you need to know about championship weekend:
What’s the schedule?
There will be four championship games each day.
On Friday the games are:
- 10 a.m. – Class A Private: Wesleyan vs. Eagle’s Landing Christian
- 1 p.m. – Class 2A: Dublin vs. Brooks County
- 4:30 p.m. – Class 5A: Buford vs. Warner Robins
- 8 p.m. – Class 6A: Allatoona vs. Harrison
On Saturday the games are:
- 10 a.m. – Class A Public: Marion County vs. Irwin County
- 1 p.m. – Class 3A: Cedar Grove vs. Crisp County
- 4:30 p.m. – Class 4A: Blessed Trinity vs. Oconee County
- 8 p.m. – Class 7A: Marietta vs. Lowndes
These are the defending champions in the finals: Eagle’s Landing Christian (Class A Private), Cedar Grove (Class 3A) and Blessed Trinity (Class 4A).
What is the venue?
The games will be played at Georgia State Stadium, formerly known as Turner Field.
How much are tickets?
Presale tickets at participating schools are $20. Tickets at the box office are $23. The ticket is good for all four games on one day.
What is the parking situation?
There is plenty of parking available in the lots surround the stadium. Parking is $10 in the designated lots. Prepaid parking is available.
Clear bag policy
Spectators may not bring anything into the facility that’s not inside a clear bag. This may be a small clutch bag, no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag. Non-conforming bags must be taken to the vehicle or checked at the valet service.