Virtual Learning Journey: Georgia Forests I
Take your students on an interactive journey through the working forests of Georgia to learn about forest ecosystems, food webs, and life cycles, as well as forestry management processes, career opportunities, and much more. Key concepts are presented through text, images, videos, 360º tours, and interactive elements. This project was made possible with support from Georgia Forestry Foundation.
These videos work best with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Longleaf Pine Forest
Timber Harvesting Site
Driving a Log Truck
- Hear from forestry experts
- Compare and contrast the forest characteristics in the different regions of Georgia
- Examine plant and animal cells
- Interact with photosynthesis and carbon sequestration diagrams
- Learn about forestry management techniques and the economic impact of the forestry industry
- Rediscover products we use in our everyday lives
- Explore a variety of forestry careers
- Analyze and synthesize content through standards-aligned writing prompts, activities, vocabulary, and STEAM challenges
More Ways to Watch
Find this Virtual Field Trip and more resources on the App Store, Google Play, and Oculus store.