The Third Annual Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference
Celebrating Tradition & Transformation in the Arts
Presented by the Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and High Museum of Art, the third annual Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference will take place June 7-9, 2016. One of Atlanta's most dynamic and collaborative professional learning events, this year’s Educator Conference will investigate and celebrate the relationship between tradition and transformation in the arts and education. Over the course of three days, participants will explore world-class art and engage in workshops led by professional teaching artists and fellow educators in order to reflect upon the essential question: How does my practice honor tradition and foster transformation through the arts?
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on a compelling, new theme
- Hear from outstanding keynote speakers, to be announced – stay tuned!
- Experience and engage with world-class art on the Woodruff Arts Center campus
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues to create practical classroom resources
- Participate in one conference track, or explore an array of topics, including: Early Childhood Education, Fine Arts Instruction (Visual Arts and Theater), Arts Integration (Connecting Visual Art, Theater, and Music to other content areas, such as English/Language Arts, Science and Social Studies); and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics)
This is the premiere arts education conference for you! Workshops are designed for Educators (Pre-K through Grade 12), Administrators, Teaching Artists, and relevant practitioners.
Contact Liz Davis, Manager of Education Services, Woodruff Arts Center at (404) 733-5256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out some highlights from the 2014 Inaugural Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference: