Some Employers Seek Stay @ Home Employees
The trend of teleworking has expanded to employees who work full-time out of the home.
Advancements in technology along with the realization that teleworking can improve efficiency for certain jobs, has led this change.
Careerbuilder.com has identified 10 companies that hire exclusively at home workers.(click on the name of each company to learn more)
- Alpine Access is a call center company that uses customer service representatives that work from home. Employees use their own telephones and computers. The company provides representatives for clients like Office Depot and J. Crew.
- Convergys hires home-based call center agents who provide support in customer service, and also supplies sales agents or help desk staff for companies.
- Extended Presence provides their clients with outbound sales agents and marketing support staff who work from home.
- Internet Girl Friday provides information technology support as well as administrative services for clients nationwide.
- LiveOps provides customer service support for a variety of major corporations.
- Spheris provides support to medical professionals. Their services include medical transcription and clinical documentation.
- Staffcentrix supplies virtual assistants for business clients, including CEOs and upper management of major corporations.
- VIPDesk provides call center support and also offers a home-based concierge service to clients.
- Voicelog provides representatives to perform verifications for transactions done online or by telephone. Many states require changes to telephone service and other remote transactions to be verified by a third party, which VoiceLog provides.
- West At Home also hires home-based customer service agents. They cater to a specific range of industries, specializing in health care and pharmaceutical support, as well as the hospitality industry.