Download a copy of the recipe.
Watch how to make this recipe.
1. Combine onions, oil, butter, and a pinch of salt in a pot over medium heat and caramelize for about 1 hour. You will need to continuously stir and lower the heat to keep from burning.
2. When onions are golden brown, add vinegar and honey and let reduce until thick.
3. Remove from heat, add tamarind, and season with salt and pepper.
Arugula Salad with Pecans, Gorgonzola, Shallots & Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing
1. In blender, mix sorghum, blueberries, and vinegar until smooth.
2. While mixing, slowly add oil until incorporated.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
For the salad, combine toasted pecans, crumbled gorgonzola, sliced shallots, washed arugula, whole blueberries, and the dressing. Finish by adding a touch of salt and pepper.
Method Mix dressing ingredients in mixing bowl.
White Wine, Shaved Garlic, Country Ham Recipe
Method In a small pot over medium heat, heat oil for 30 seconds. Add garlic, onions, & peppers. Sweat for 30 seconds. Add country ham & cook for 30 seconds. Add clams. Deglaze pot with white wine & cook covered until clams open. Add butter & thyme, season to taste. Serve with baguette.
Watch how to cook this recipe.
Download a copy of this recipe.
Method Remove leaves from stems Place water in large pot Heat water to a boil Add kosher salt Working in small batches, add greens to boiling water Once the water comes back to a boil, cook two-three minutes Remove greens from the pot and place on a cookie sheet tray Cool Remove excess moisture by squeezing the cooked greens Chop the greens At this point, greens can be put into a storage container for later meals
To Reheat Greens Heat butter or oil in a medium sauté pan Add shallots Add chopped greens Cook over medium heat till cooked through Season with salt and pepper Serve
Method Place arugula in food processor; pulse to chop. Add pecans, parmesan, garlic, and salt and pepper with food processor running.