1. Which of these is NOT a cartilaginous fish?
2. The largest shark teeth ever found are believed to be from what type of shark?
3. Shark skin is covered with tiny tooth-like structures called dermal denticles.
4. All sharks have teeth on their top and bottom jaws.
5. Which is the world’s smallest shark?
6. How do most sharks breathe?
by rising to the surface and breathing through a blowhole on the top of their bodies
by conserving oxygen while remaining still and at rest
by swimming with their mouths open so that oxygen from the water enters their lungs
by moving constantly so that water moves through their gills, providing them with oxygen
7. What is the world’s largest shark?
8. The fastest shark in the world is the shortfin mako, which has been clocked traveling how fast?
9. Tiger sharks have teeth when they are born and are known to eat their siblings in the womb.
10. Sharks are born with a set of teeth which they keep their whole lives.