Atlanta police say fireworks and static electricity likely led to a package igniting and burning a thrift store worker in Atlanta.
Police spokesman Carlos Campos says a package containing toys, clothes and fireworks had been sitting in a thrift store for about two months before it ignited Tuesday afternoon. Officials say a man working in the store was burned on his hands and arms and was hospitalized with minor injuries. Campos says the contents of the box were set to be donated.
Campos says the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives helped investigate the incident.