Skip to main content
Visit our new News website at
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 - 3:48am

Food Stamp Products Lost in Flooding Can Be Replaced

Georgia residents who lost food bought with food stamps in last month’s flooding can now get replacement provisions.

Department of Human Services officials say residents can replace food by visiting their local Division of Family and Children Services office.

The offer applies to citizens in 19 counties — Bartow, Carroll, Catoosa,Chattooga, Cherokee, Cobb, Coweta, Crawford, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Heard, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale, Stephens and Walker counties.

Recipients will be required to sign an affidavit stating the loss of food was related to flooding between September 18 and 26 to have their benefits restored.

Families also can call 1-800-869-1150 to restore food.