Skip to main content
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 1:12pm

Bush, Perdue Donating Money to Little League Teams

Updated: 5 years ago.
Bush and Perdue, pictured here in 2006, are donating money to the Little League Softball World Series teams. (photo courtesy White House Archives)

Gov. Sonny Perdue and former President George W. Bush have money riding on the outcome of tonight’s Little League Softball World Series championship game.

The Georgia governor and Bush have agreed to donate $500 each to help with travel expenses for the teams playing in the game in Portland, Oregon, at 7 p.m. ET.

One team is from Perdue's hometown of Warner Robins, Ga., and the other is from Bush's home of Crawford, Texas.

The winning team will get 60 percent of the $1,000 prize, and the other team will get 40 percent.

The pair of politicians also said they would sign softballs for the Georgia softball team to auction off to raise additional money.

Related Articles