Science Workshop for Georgia Teachers
Forsyth Board of Education 1120 Dahlonega Hwy, Cumming, GA 30040
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 to Thursday, August 21, 2014
The Georgia Department of Education will provide a two day workshop for K-12 science
teachers on best instructional and assessment practices for science that are supported by current research. The workshop will consist of both plenary and breakout sessions.
Register for it here.
The key ideas to be discussed are:
- Vision for K-12 Science Education as Described in Research
- Science and Engineering Practices in Students’ Science Performances
- Crosscutting Concepts in Students’ Science Performances
- Gathering, Reasoning, and Communicating a Bridge to Literacy in Science
- Implications of Educational Research for Classroom Instruction
- Engaging K-8 Students in Mathematical and Science Practices
- Disciplinary Core Ideas in Student Science Performances