PBS TeacherLine Southeast
What is PBS Teacherline?
PBS TeacherLine offers several courses that are aligned to the new Common Core standards. About 39 of its reading/language arts and mathematics courses are aligned. View all of the course offerings here and use the promo-code "GATLSE" to ensure you receive GA credit. Call 1-800-277-0829 for more information.
Classes Begin December 4 (But you can enroll as late as December 6th!) Here is a sample.
- RDLA152: An Intro. to Underlying Principles & Research for Effective Literacy Instruction (Gr K-8)
This Common Core aligned course is one of TeacherLine's most popular and highly-regarded courses!
$345, earns 4 PLUs (or 3 graduate credits for a low addt'l fee)
Runs Dec 4, 2013 - Jan 21, 2014 (includes extra week for holiday observances) Enroll now!
Also check out these courses beginning January 22:
- INST342 Teaching with Primary Resources from the Library of Congress (K-12)
- INST120 Digital Lesson Planning for Differing Learning Styles (K-12)
- INST320 Connecting Family, Community and Schools (K-12)
- RDLA157 Teaching Phonemic Awareness and Phonics (PreK-3)
- RDLA125 Children's Authors on the Web: Online Sites that Motivate Students to Write (K-6)
- RDLA340 Teaching Reading in the Content Areas (3-12)
- MATH522 Teaching Math (K-2)
- MATH165 Enabling Students with Special Needs to Succeed in Math Class (4-8)
- MATH430 Seeing Math: Proportional Reasoning (6-12)
- STEM412 NASA Resources for Teaching Global Climate Change in Middle School (5-8)
- SCIE520 Teaching High School Biology (9-12)
- SCIE572 The Habitable Planet: A Systems Approach to Environmental Science (9-12)
- TECH340 Evaluating and Organizing Internet Resources and Content (K-12)
- TECH575 Leveraging Smart and Social Digital Media in the Classroom (K-12)
New! Self-Paced Courses
Wouldn't it be convenient to take a professional development course on your own time, when it is convenient for you? Through PBS TeacherLine Southeast's new self-paced course program you can do just that!
These "bite-sized" 3-instruction hour professional learning opportunities allow you to peruse course content, watch videos, complete interactive labs, and take self-assessments at your own pace for up to one year after the purchase date.
Check out this sample of Self-Paced Courses, 3-instruction hours, only $49 each!
- MATH1001 Encouraging Mathematical Communication Skills (K-2)
- MATH1005 Developing Mathematical Problem Solving Skills (K-2)
- MATH1011 Fostering Mathematical Reasoning Skills (K-2)
- SCIE1001 Many Planets One Earth (9-12)
- SCIE1005 Demographic Dynamics (9-12)
- SOST1001 Using Primary Sources in World History (K-12)
- SOST1005.4 Developing Historical Thinking Skills (6-12)