The Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students (GEEARS)
The organization hosted a summit of business and community leaders October 5, 2010 to spark discussion and explicate on the high-dollar return on investment associated with early learning and care.
View this video replay of the event and the archived live chat.
The session speakers included:
- Stephanie Blank, longtime champion of children and education and founding chair of the governing board of GEEARS, will serve as hostess and master of ceremonies.
- Robert H. Dugger, managing partner of Hanover Investment Group, chairman for the Partnership for America’s Economic Success (PAES) Advisory Board and a trustee of the Committee for Economic Development, will discuss “The Economic Case for Investment in Early Education.”
- Gary Knell, president and CEO of Sesame Workshop, will be joined by a special guest and will discuss “What 40 Years of Research has Taught Us about Child Development.”
- Lieutenant General Norman R. Seip, will discuss how continued American security and prosperity in the 21st century depends on smart investments in the upcoming generation of American children.
- Ruby Takanishi, president of the Foundation for Child Development (FCD), will address “How Georgia Can Maintain its Lead.” As President of FCD, Ms. Takanishi has a key role in leading the programs and managing the fiscal well-being of the Foundation.
- Michael L. Eskew, former CEO of United Parcel Service (UPS™) and board chairman for The Annie E. Casey Foundation will share his insights into “The Business Impact of Early Education across the State of Georgia.”
- Georgia Gubernatorial candidates Nathan Deal and Roy Barnes will share their views on the importance of early education as it relates to the future of Georgia.