Back to School Planning Guide
New school year, new classroom adventures, new sets of challenges! To meet them it takes planning, experimentation and a good sense of humor. Our Back to School Planning Guide is designed to address at least two parts of that list.
We've culled links to recommended sites that help with classroom planning and first day of school activities and suggest new technologies to try.
We hope you find this helpful. Have a wonderful school year!
Five Back to School Checklists
- Pro Teacher Classroom Procedures
- Scholastic Back-to-School Checklist Organizing for Success
- Back to School Supplies Checklist for Parents
- Inspiring Teachers - Top 10 Must Do Items Before School Starts
- The Teacher’s Back-to-School Checklist
Five First Day of School Activities Sites
- 101 Things You Can Do For the First Three Weeks of Class
- Scholastic Fabulous First Day Ideas
- Back to School Lessons for the Middle School Classroom
- First Day of High School Teacher Introductions
- First Day of School Activities Students Love
Five New Tech Sites to Try
- Figment.com - new writing community for young writers
- Wordle.net - word cloud generator
- The Wildlab -free mobile app that promotes STEM learning by engaging students in citizen science
- Ahead - presentation site similar to Prezi
- Google Plus - *note you need to either get an invite to join the social network or can sign up to receive access when it is out of the testing phase.