The state of Georgia is joining a national effort to promote college savings accounts by support the national “529” day on May 29th.
According to a news release from SavingForCollege.com, in honor of National College Savings Day taking place on May 29, 2013, Savingforcollege.com is helping to increase 529 plan awareness by compiling details of the various nationwide contests, sweepstakes and events held by individual state college-savings plans.
As the country's leading authority on 529 plans, Savingforcollege.com is also spearheading its own 529 Day promotion.
Georgia will host a pair of sweepstakes events with total prizes over $15,000 towards college.
Georgia: Path2College 529 Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
• Enter for a chance to win $5,529 towards a Path2College (Georgia) 529 Plan
• Open to residents - or Path2College 529 Plan account owners - who are the parent, guardian or grandparent of a child born in a Georgia hospital during 2013.
• One winner will be selected to win $5,529, and will have the option to use all or a portion of the prize to open a Path2College Savings plan for the newborn.
• Entry Deadline: April 14, 2014
Georgia: Path2College 529 Plan 10,000 Reasons to Save Sweepstakes
• Enter for a chance to win $10,529 towards a Path2College (Georgia) 529 Plan.
• Open to residents - or Path2College 529 Plan account owners - who are the parent, guardian or grandparent of a child under 18 who is also a Georgia resident and attending a Georgia school if he/she is old enough to be enrolled in a school.
• One winner from all account owner entries and one winner from all non-account owner entries will be selected. The existing account winner will receive a $10,529 Path2College 529 Plan contribution, and the non-account owner who wins will receive a $10,529 Path2College account. In addition, the school of the child from each winning entry will also receive a $10,529 cash contribution.
• Entry Deadline: August 15, 2013
As part of celebrating “529” Day, free downloads of the “Family Guide to College Savings” are now available.