Dollar General is hiring 500 people for its new distribution center in Jackson, Georgia. The discount chain will host a massive career fair Saturday, May 20, from 10am-1pm at the Red Devil Hill Gym (400 Franklin St, Jackson, GA 30233).
The roles vary, from operations managers and human resources representatives to sales associates and store supervisors. These will be both part-time and full-time positions, and the Dollar General management team will be on-site to answer any questions. The company said all are welcome, though it preferred those with a high school degree or equivalent. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking for work or a change of career. Dollar General is a major player in the retail space in Georgia, meaning there are options throughout the state should you get your foot in the door.
What you need to know
· DRESS APPROPRIATELY (I’d recommend a suit for men if you have it, if not a shirt and tie should be the minimum. Ladies should dress in professional attire).
· Have multiple copies of an updated resume.
· APPLY BEFORE ATTENDING. This isn’t a must, but it will make things so much smoother if you do it. The link I just provided is a list of all open positions.
· READ THE JOB SUMMARIES. Know what jobs are open, what tasks will be required, and develop answers to questions you can predict based on what the job summary includes.
· SMILE. Hiring managers want to see enthusiasm. They want people who want to come to work. Remember that your demeanor, body language, and appearance are often as important as the words that come out of your mouth or the words found on your resume.