- Meander through the Louvre in Paris, France, with this online tour, choosing a variety of routes through the museum and pausing for a closer look at the Great Sphinx of Tanis or descending into the medieval Louvre for a glimpse of the ancient fortress and moat.
- Learn about forest ecosystems and sustainable forestry practices by taking a walk in the woods with the UPM Forest Life virtual field trip. Accompanied by a vivid soundtrack of birdsong, wind, and water, each panoramic view is studded with maps and informational highlights where viewers can investigate a particular plant or animal in further detail.
- Choose a historical hot spot and follow associated maps and timelines to learn more about our state’s history with GPB’s Georgia studies virtual field trips. Digital time travelers can climb the prehistoric Indian mounds at Etowah, Ocmulgee, and Kolomoki, learn about the Creek and Cherokee Nations, visit points of interest throughout the Civil War prison site at Andersonville, or experience the establishment, expansion, and integration of the University of Georgia. Some field trips even encompass the entire state of Georgia, such as those exploring its physiographic regions and physical features.
4. Discovery Education schedules regular live virtual field trips that are accessible to all DE members. (Remember that GPB sponsors free DE membership for all Georgia educators – contact email@example.com for your school passcode!)
- Coming up on January 31st, students can virtually follow and interact with the American Heart Association and NFL players Whitney Mercilus and Christian Covington as they share their knowledge about fitness and heart health.